Monday 23 February 2015

Mehi - Water wonderland

Water Wonderland



As soon as I walked in I caught a glimpse of the beautiful sparkly clear water which made me want to just jump in after having a hot trip on the bus I felt like I was going to suffocate it was like there was no windows that could be opened except for the emergency exit window which was too small. When everybody was in their togs the life guards went over the rules which was great because it was to make sure we were safe but was a bit boring and made me feel frustrated having to sit under the blazing hot sun.
After that we finally got straight into our activities, the junior syndicate had freeplay and the senior syndicate had a duathlon. First of all we had to go over what we were doing and then we got into our teams. The student councils were the leaders of each team. As the time went by our teams were all sorted and ready to go. Team by team they entered into the pool altogether, it was amazing seeing all the student leaders helping their team and encouraging them to keep going that made me motivated to do the same thing. After a while it was finally our turn to get in at first it was cold but then I got use to it our team was amazing swimming pass other teams and beating them. When we got out of the pool we all started to race it was fun helping others get there. Then after a while I slowly felt frustrated always having to wait for our other teammates. Then when we finally accomplished the duathlon we had morning tea.

After that we got to have some free time in the pool. We had two choices it was either to go and play in the Water pads or to just have fun in the pool I chose to have fun in the pool cause I was too lazy to run around in the Water pads. While we were having free time me brandon and Willy made up a game it was called ‘Squid’. We had to try and get the squid (Brandon) off the prey (Willy). My job was to try and take off brandon from Willy. It was really hard at first but then it go easier and easier. It was really funny because each time Willy gets away he ends up getting caught.

Then it was finally our turn on the Hydroslide. As soon as I got up there it was a long line. I got really impatient and wanted to go on the slide immediately so I tried to be patient and wait my turn then finally it was my turn I was so happy. As I waited for the green light to go people were complaining to just hurry up but I ignored them and just waited then when the green light went on. Then Mckoy pushed me down. It was so dark I could barely see anything all I could feel are the uneven bumps that were rubbing against my back. After a few more go’s on the slide I decided to go back into the pools. Few minutes before I could even get into the pool we had to go and have lunch we had sausage sizzle and a ice block it was so delicious.

Then when we had finished our lunch we finally got to go on the diving board even though I was terrified I wanted to try new things. So I started off with the small diving board then I moved to the bigger diving board when I jumped off I felt like I was jumping off a tower and could fly. It was so amazing. After a couple of turns on the diving board I went to the hydroslide and then back into the pool.

After a few minutes in the pool we had to go and change I felt a bit stink because I really wanted to keep on swimming but couldn’t. After we got in the bus and went back to school. I was so tired that I could barely stand up but I ended up having to because I had to walk home. What a day!


No comments:

Post a Comment