Tuesday 15 September 2015

Poetic Writing - Home Run

For writing our classes writing focus was Poems. We had to write about a sport and I chose to do softball. So as you can see below is my Descriptive Poem that I have written about Peaceful Play. Hope you enjoy my poem!
Home Run


It’s a Summer morning and the game is about to begin,
The final group chat before the game.


Sitting silently still,
Feeling the grass tickling my legs as I anxiously try to think of different ways to reach home base.
  I step up to the plate, take a deep breathe and look straight into the pitcher's demanding eyes,
my stomach soon develops butterflies.
I start to question myself, “Will I hit the ball?.......
Will I even make it to the first base?”
I could see a slight smirk on the pitcher’s face while she launches the ball into mid air making it head straight to my bat  as fast as lightning then
WOOSH!


The ball goes zooming across the field while the bat flew right behind me.
I started to sprint towards the first base as fast as a cheetah while trying to not let the helmet fall off since it didn’t grip tightly on my head.
At the corner of my eye I see my team cheering me on from the sideline.


I passed the first base and start running towards the second base.
I see my opponents running towards me with the ball in their hands.


I up my game and start running even faster as if I’m running for my life.
I could see them getting closer and closer.
The suspense shocks straight through my whole body.


I pass the second base and onto the third.
The adrenaline all around my body makes me excited yet so determined to get to home base.
I pass the third base and start running for home base.
I feel anxious to get there.
I see the other team throw the ball to the backstop.
Pressure kicks in while I’m running.
I get closer and closer just like the ball in the air.
Three more steps and
KSHHHH!


I slide in just seconds before the backstop catches the ball.

I stand up with joy while trying to keep the victory in and just walk right to the back of the line.

1 comment:

Ms Aireen said...

Another amazing piece of writing crafted Mehi!

I like the way each stanza starts with a key idea and is elaborated through precise language related to the topic and appropriate language features. The language selected paints a vivid picture in my mind of the intense situation and the tremendous home run at the end.

A possible next step for writing is to focus closely on punctuation for poetry and poetic writing.

I look forward to reading your next masterpiece :)

Post a Comment